1. In Wisconsin Monday through Friday. Packerland. Cheese. Brats. Brrrr. Pray for me. They don’t much care for the Cowboys or the Longhorns up there.
2. Church was good but lots of people out. Last week I announced we would have a very specific time of prayer for those with sicnesses, illnesses, diseases or whatever. We had a lot of people out sick today. Coincidence? Not likely. The devil does not play fair. We prayed for them anyway cuz that’s what was needed.
3. I am hoping I can get the outlines for all the Christmas messages while away. In addition, I need to read one final book for my Master’s degree. We shall see.
4. We have half of our new building painted. One half to go. We painted and floated walls and I even hung a door. Spooky.
5. I had to play bass today. Man the ends of my fingers hurt. I don’t play enough to keep the calouses on.
6. OU lost. YESSSSS!!!! We need OU to lose again next week so Texas can move on into the Big 12 champ game. I would love to see KU lose next week. Heck, I want LSU to lose and anyone else in the top 10 slots of the BCS. Seriously, this has been a crazy college year.
7. I am on a 2 game winning streak. I only need Lindale White to pick up about 8 points tomorrow night and I clime into second place in my division, preparing me to peak at the end of the season, get into the playoffs and win the coveted LF FFL trophy. If I win, can I accept the prize since I am the pastor? Heck yeah I can.
8. Tom Brady. The best quarterback in the league. I still can’t stand him.
9. I think our Christmas series is going to be a lot of fun. Have some unique video ideas and I really think they will add an interesting element. Prior to that I am speaking next Sunday on humor and how God wants us to lighten up.
10. Can this list be complete without getting to 10?
Bonus: A woman goes to the post office to buy stamps for her Christmas cards. She says to the clerk, “May I have 50 Christmas stamps?” The clerk says, “What denomination?” the woman says, “God help us. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Catholic, 12 Presbyterian, 10 Lutheran and 22 Baptists.”